Business Development Director, Solomon Islands
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make an immediate and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations worldwide. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows. As a result, we highly favour talented, intelligent, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
This position is key and high-profile in our growing and fast-moving organization in Solomon Islands, an important market in Kacific’s growth strategy.
• Responsible for selling to existing and new customers assigned to you and meeting individual targets agreed upon for those accounts,
• Develop, recommend, and execute a playbook for prioritized potential customers,
• Develop business development strategies, and create annual business development plans for specific accounts to reach required business objectives and revenue,
• Manage, maintain, and grow existing client relations, while acquiring new clients, arrange quarterly or monthly meetings with important customers to enforce retention and better relationship,
• Develop new opportunities within existing accounts and keep Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool up to date to inform pipeline decision-making and prioritization,
• Research potential new customers and make initial contact with the decision-making team and confirm their needs. Demonstrate Kacific’s ability to meet/exceed their needs and create the appropriate value proposition,
• Deliver the value proposition in a compelling proposal and influential way and negotiate all contractual areas to mutual satisfaction. Onboard the customer and be the conduit between the new customer and the operational team to ensure successful implementation,
• Analyse requests for proposals and collect additional information from different parties whenever necessary, provide critical input on costs for each proposal and service,
• Provide critical input on customers to target,
• Support the development of testimonials (business cases, white papers, etc.) to generate new business.
• Learn products, solutions, and services (technical, operational, and financial aspects).
• Ensure receivables are processed and paid on time for all the customers assigned in your market.
• Gather market, operational, and regulatory intelligence,
• Advise the company on how to obtain and maintain the required technical licenses and approvals from the regulators. Keep a privileged relationship with the regulators and ministry of telecommunications to foster the case and image of the company.
• Support our customers by organizing technical training and guidance when required,
• Support Kacific and our customers in case of a major outage,
• Expand our network locally and manage Kacific’s relationship with the governments’ key agencies, chambers of commerce, industry bodies, NGOs, Kacific clients and partners, and other stakeholders,
• In close cooperation with the marketing department, nurture the company’s visibility on the market (e.g., assist in organizing events, webinars, or conferences to be attended by prospective clients) to generate new business.
Apply now to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please send your resume to us with the title of the position in the subject header. And do pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!
No calls or resumes from agencies, thank you.