Senior Product Development Manager
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows. We highly favour talented, smart, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About the Role:
Senior Product Development Manager (Mechanical/Mechatronics)
The Senior Product Development Manager will join the research and development team, Kacific Lab (KLab), and will be responsible for the design and development of new satellite broadband products and solutions for emerging markets and innovative sector-based applications in Asia and the Pacific countries.
The incumbent will be based in Singapore, and support Kacific’s portfolio focused on 25 markets within the region. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Executive Vice-President (EVP), Development and Head of Kacific Lab.
A Senior product development manager is a mechanical/electrical/electronic expert who develops goods and oversees their production process. The Product Manager will play an important part in all stages of a product’s development.
- Manage projects/products timelines, roadmap, resources, and budgets.
- Plan and assist to execute Prototype builds or Engineering Evaluation builds to validate engineering changes at the production line, including mechanical, electronics and software.
- Create satellite-related products using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Perform Design Analysis with TSA, DFX, DFMEA etc to identify design-related root causes
- BOM preparation/update, Create/update Engineering documentation including changes to 2D & 3D drawings required for the development and manufacturing of products spelt out in standard procedures.
- Study and improve product performance (cost and quality) through continuous design and process improvements
- Generate innovative product concepts using domain expertise and acumen
- Collaborate closely with the internal teams to finalise product ideas
- Assess product prototypes to determine probable safety concerns and hazards
- Collaborate closely with logisticians and shipping managers to find the most cost-effective production methods and materials
- Manage all the documentation related to products developments
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Degree in mechanical/electrical/electronic engineering, with 7+ years of experience in Product Engineering activities to sustain manufacturing of electro-mechanical products, and life science products, by coordinating with R&D, Customer and Manufacturing team
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in mechanical design engineering and manufacturing
- Experience in Arduino, Electronics, Microcontroller, Electrical Engineering, PCB Layout
- Experience in R&D /Product Design, 2D/ 3D assembly and part drawings
- Proficiency with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, Rhino, and Mach3
- Proven ability in Jig and fixture development and its validation to use in Mass production
- Experience in design analysis tools CAD, DFMEA and equivalent
- Efficient in oral and written communication, and preparation of presentation slides/materials
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills (project road map, project schedule..)
- Attentive to detail and critically minded
- Must be a team player
- Bonus to having managed small to medium-sized teams
Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject header. And please pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!