Vice President of Sales, Pacific
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make an immediate and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations worldwide. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows. As a result, we highly favour talented, intelligent, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About The Role:
The Vice President of Sales, Pacific reports to the Chief Commercial Officer, and is a key and high-profile role in our growing and fast-moving organization in the Pacific Islands, an important region in Kacific’s growth strategy.
• Develop and execute the market specific strategy for Kacific which supports organizational OKRs (objectives & key results) and other relevant objectives as well as drives impact at a regional and global level.
• Implement and execute all the key initiatives and projects in the region with a focus on growth enablement.
• Identify new strategic customers and build robust programs and partnerships for the region that leverage all the assets of Kacific to advance our financial inclusion and/or commercial objectives.
• Leverage regional grants to maximize social impact and ensure strong governance or partnerships in various markets.
• Own the P&L for the region & support the recruitment then manage local teams, as required by Management, within our matrix organization.
• Obtain and maintain the required technical licenses and approvals from the regulators.
• Leverage relationships and insights to elevate Kacific’s position as a market-leading broadband satellite operator in driving Commercially Sustainable Social Impact, and ‘crowd in’ support from strategic organizations.
• Develop and operationalize new strategic partnerships with external stakeholders from enterprises, NGOs, governments and non-governmental organizations, and multinational institutions.
• Strategically engage high-level and like-minded thought leaders to advance Kacific’s place in inclusive growth across the Pacific.
• Represent Kacific as a regional spokesperson, help position Kacific as a broadband leader of the choice, catalyze action, and drive positive brand outcomes through Center-led conventions, research or insights and external events (such as PITA, PTC and others).
• Define and implement customer account strategies, directing senior stakeholders to realise this plan and achievement of the overall Kacific strategy. Use the account management process to integrate all aspects of the Kacific relationship with customers, and direct resources to support the attainment of the account strategy.
• Support the sales and regional teams in developing and achieving regional objectives and maintaining the profile of key customers.
• Deliver customer account revenue & cash plan and work with Kacific to achieve regional targets. Manage threats and deliver cash and profit opportunities relative to budget.
• Provide clear and decisive leadership to the Sales & Regional teams in sales opportunity management, generating cash/profit opportunities and delivering sales targets.
• Manage Sales & Regional teams across Fiji, PNG, Solomon, Vanuatu, and other Pacific markets.
• Provide guidance, mentoring and feedback to ensure the team is supported and functioning at a high level.
• Support team’s career development.
• Accountable for business forecasting inputs for the Customer accounts.
• Responsible for the validation of forecasts, and the quality of regional inputs.
Apply now to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please send your resume to us with the title of the position in the subject header. And do pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!