NETWORK OPERATING CENTER MANAGER
KACIFIC is building its Network Operation Center to monitor its upcoming Ka-band satellite network. We are looking for an experienced engineer to manage our team.
KACIFIC is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost over South East Asia and the Pacific islands.
The NOC manager’s job description includes managing the NOC team and the candidate is in charge of:
- Real-Time monitoring of Kacific satellite network, and in particular of the teleports and hubs installed in Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- Crisis management and communication on network health and status to assigned customers, as well as restoration of service
- Customer troubleshooting on transmission issues, service quality inquiries and hub usage problems in compliance with SLA obligations
- Interfacing with the ground segment team for the continuous improvement of the teleports
- Coordination of satellite partner TT&C team for the management and control of the satellite payload
- Network configuration in coordination with the ground segment team
- Provide regular analysis of troubleshooting records
The NOC manager will set and follow the KPIs and report to the management team.
- Ground systems engineering team (level 2)
- Sales operations
- Sales managers
- Network management at customers
- Management team
- University degree in technology (Bachelor or master in relevant engineering field)
Qualification and competences
- At least 10 years valuable experience in a teleport or satellite NOC
- Team management experience
- Knowledge of satellite RF, and core network
- Experience of Newtec hub systems is a strong plus
- Understanding of IP networking, terrestrial comms (fiber, WLAN, Microwave, 3G/4G)
- Fluent in English, other regional Asian languages a plus (Bahasa, Tagalog, Mandarin, Malay)
Personality and character
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and team player
- Logical thinker, thoughtful and methodical
- Demonstrated customer facing experience
- At the central NOC in Singapore
- Requirement to carry cellphone 24/7 for emergencies
Contract and fees
- Local employment contract in Singapore
- Attractive salary
Kindly send your CV and other documents on the following email address:
Please mention the position applied for in the subject line of your email.