NOC Engineer Bahasa
Our Kacific Network Operations Center (NOC) is located in Singapore and operates and controls the Kacific teleports in Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
The incumbent will be based in Singapore, and support Kacific portfolio focused on 25 markets within the region. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the NOC Manager.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we’re currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We’re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Real-Time monitoring of Kacific satellite network, and in particular of the teleports and hubs
- Crisis management and communication on network health and status to assigned customers, as well as restoration of service
- Customer troubleshooting on transmission issues, service quality enquiries and hub usage problems in compliance with SLA obligations
- Interfacing with the ground segment team for the continuous improvement of the teleports
- Coordination of satellite partner TT&C team for the management and control of the satellite payload
- Network configuration in coordination with the ground segment team
- Provide regular analysis of troubleshooting records
- Ground systems engineering team (level 2)
- Sales operations
- Sales managers
- Network management at customers
- Diploma/Degree in technology or relevant engineering field
- At least 5 years of valuable experience in an IT, electrical engineering or network monitoring position
- Knowledge of telecommunications, satellite RF and core network
- Satellite ground and hub systems
- Understanding of IP networking, terrestrial comms (fiber, WLAN, Microwave, 3G/4G)
- Fluent in English, other regional Asian languages a plus (Bahasa, Tagalog, Mandarin, Malay)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and a team player
- Logical thinker, thoughtful and methodical
- Able to do shift work in lieu of NOC 24/7 operations
(Candidates out of university/polytechnic with relevant diplomas/degrees may be considered, local applicants are preferred for these openings)
Please send us your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject header. And please pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!