Sales Director, Pacific
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make an immediate and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations worldwide. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows. As a result, we highly favour talented, intelligent, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About The Role:
The Sales Director – Pacific reports to the Vice President of Sales – Pacific and is responsible for owning and developing all sales activities, relationship management, sales proposals/forecasting, and market and competitor analysis to represent and position Kacific as a provider of broadband satellite-based internet connectivity services in the Pacific.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales – Pacific
- Own and manage the development and execution of end-to-end sales process, including sales pipeline and forecasting across assigned accounts in the Pacific,
- Develop and implement sales strategies to target wholesale buyers, including Telecoms, ISPs, Government, and other agencies,
- Establish a customer base in the Pacific for both the wholesale and franchise retail offers of Kacific,
- Seek sales opportunities within existing customers assigned to you to grow or upsell new products or services,
- Understand key cultural, political, and regional issues that can impact the sales process,
- Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships with prospective customers in various market verticals,
- Maintain contact and relationships with government bodies, agencies, and regulators,
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements, licenses related to new accounts,
- Deliver service to targeted clients/industries in rural areas.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the Satellite or Telecommunications and Broadband industry,
- Extensive full-cycle sales experience (minimum of 10+ years) selling to Telecoms, ISPs, Government, and other agencies, bodies, or organizations, including leading and managing complex tender processes/proposals in the Pacific,
- Comprehensive understanding, expertise, and solid track record developing and closing large sales (over USD1M to USD100M),
- Prior experience in sales forecasting, pipeline management, account planning, and project management.
- Willingness and ability to commit to significant travel within the Pacific,
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written),
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills,
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to create new relationships and opportunities with potential clients,
- Degree qualified, preferably in Business or Engineering discipline.