Senior Network Engineer, Singapore
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using robust technologies and an agile business model.
Founded in 2013 by a core team of senior satellite professionals, Kacific is backed by a group of investors with experience in global telecommunications and infrastructure. Our first Ka-band high throughput satellite, Kacific1, launched in 2019 to stream high-speed, low-cost, ultra-reliable broadband to rural and suburban areas of the Pacific and Southeast Asia.
Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Southeast Asia and the Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband accessible from a small, easy-to-install, and affordable antenna. Broadband connectivity enables critical government services to reach the heart of otherwise vulnerable rural communities.
Kacific is committed to using proven space technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote and underserved regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives. Whether in urban, extra-urban, rural, or fringe and remote areas, we help businesses, governments, and communities fully participate in the digital world.
Network Engineer / Senior Network Engineer
We are looking for a technically capable and dynamic Network Engineer to be part of the Kacific Information technology team. You are responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and managing the local and wide area networks of an organization to ensure maximum uptime. The role can include designing system configuration, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
The successful candidate should have highly driven, excellent technical skills, proven professional experience, and detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practice processes.
The Network Engineer will work in-house and supporting to the pre-sales team working with outside clients to deliver a project. As part of an organization’s IT team, Network Engineers work with IT Managers.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS, and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Work closely with Network Operation Team, Pre-sales Managers, Security Engineers, and Business units to provide network operations support, including problem identification, network incident troubleshooting, network maintenance configuration review, vendor escalation, and management.
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Minimum 3 years for a Degree and 5 years for a Diploma of experience working in managing network infrastructures
- Experience working in a Data Center or Internet Service Provider, network design.
- Network-related Professional Certification (eg. CCNP, CCIE, etc) will be an advantage
- 3+ years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, VRF, VRRP, VLANs, GRE, and IPSec Tunnel
- 3+ years of experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements such as LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, or 802.1x.
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with Layer 3 protocols such as IPv4/IPv6, TCP, or UDP
- Hands-on experience in Cisco/FS/Arista switches and routers.
- Experience in Cisco Nexus, Palo Alto, and Fortinet is a must
- On-call support required
- An analytical mind and Commercial and business awareness
- Strong documentation skills and good communication skills – both written and verbal
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please send your resume to us with the title of the position in the subject header. And do pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!