Country Manager (Solomon Islands)
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows.
We highly favour talented, smart, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About the Role:
This is a critical role in our growing and fast-moving organization in Solomon Islands as one of the important markets in Kacific’s strategy.
Reporting to the Deputy COO (himself located in Singapore), you are:
A brand ambassador for Kacific in the region:
- Embody Kacific values, ethics, and demeanour,
- Establish our visible and active presence on the ground,
- Create and maintain a bridgehead for Kacific and defend our interests,
- Expand our network locally and manage Kacific’s relationship with the governments’ key agencies, chambers of commerce, industry bodies, NGOs, Kacific clients and partners, and other stakeholders.
Preparing our business growth:
- Advise our Management on topics related to your country, including for the local business strategy preparation,
- Organise, coordinate and/or participate in regional events and conferences,
- Gather market, operational and regulatory intelligence,
- Obtain and maintain the required technical licenses and approvals from the regulators.
Support to Sales:
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end sales process implementation, for:
- Both prospective and existing customers, and
- Both existing and new products and services,
- Acquire new customers and ensure contracts are followed by both parties (deployment, service activation, cash collection, etc.),
- Ensure customers understand their contracts well,
- Manage and develop the distribution channel in the remote cities,
- Support our marketing campaigns elaboration and implementation on the ground.
Support to other functions:
- Be Kacific’s customers 1st interface for any sales, marketing, technology, strategic, operational, and financial considerations:
- Resolve conflicts smoothly and unblock situations,
- Anticipate on future operations and establish the “Equipment forecast” with Delivery,
- Support our customers by delivering technical training and guidance when required,
- Monitor our network trends (activation, churn, etc.) and give recommendations,
- Support Kacific and our customers in case of major outage,
- Lead any “special project” on the ground when required by Kacific Management,
- Be Kacific Crisis Management Team “armed arm” in the region for local or regional incidents and crises. Implement Kacific processes and resolution plans and follow management instructions. Ensure communication and smooth relationships with all crisis stakeholders.
- Blend in Kacific organization, understand each department’s remit, and adopt our systems and processes to increase your efficiency,
- Learn our products, solutions, and services (technical, operational, and financial aspects).
- Doer, self-starter, willing to achieve (sense of ownership),
- Curious, willing to learn, open to change,
- Organized, disciplined, process-driven and detail oriented,
- Able to work remotely from head office,
- Team player, able to work autonomously under remote guidance for long periods of time,
- Able to deliver under high pressure and or crisis conditions.
- Business oriented,
- Articulate, presentable, and diplomatic,
- Willing to travel to remote regions and to work in difficult conditions from time to time.
- Prior Project management experience is advantageous,
- Experience in the IT, Telco & satellite communication industry would be preferred,
- Experience in the military, Oil & Gas, NGOs, etc. (as an Officer, senior NCO, field engineer, field representative, etc.) would be positively considered (while not required),
- Degree qualified preferably in Business or Engineering discipline.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we’re currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Solomon Islands due to visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We’re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.