Network Performance Engineer
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows.
We highly favour talented, smart, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About the Role:
The incumbent will be based in Singapore and support the Kacific portfolio focused on 25 markets within the region. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Pre-Sales Director.
- Specify, set up and ensure the production of performance indicator reports (KPI): analysis reports, follow the action plan for feedback and improvement of performance
- Monitor the operation of the network and services, by carrying out daily checks of correct operation and by detecting malfunctions or drifts on certain elements of the network.
- Set up a process for monitoring traffic and sizing the network in order to alert in the event of congestion and to anticipate / manage actions to add capacity.
- Analyze the impacts, diagnostics and resolution of complex issues impacting several network components
- Contribute to incident resolution and provide level 2 support to supervision (NOC level 1), maintenance and customer technical support teams in resolving network incidents.
- Provide customer support and if necessary, interface with the manufacturers (ST-Engineering, Kratos, fibercapacity vendors etc.).
- Lead the implementation of tools and dashboards to measure, diagnose and optimize the quality of the network and the services provided to the customer.
- Contribute to the operating procedures and technical operating methods (diagnosis, resolution, remote intervention, etc.).
- Maintains knowledge of new technologies (VSAT, Network, IT) and network operating methods and disseminates them within the team.
- Contribute to the support and training of technical and front-line teams (NOC, Presales, Sales, Marketing, delivery etc.).
- Actively contribute to changes in the network and services, keep abreast of available changes with the technical teams and the manufacturers.
- Identify the possible impacts on deployment, putting into service, maintenance in operational conditions and adequacy with performance objectives and validate their entry into production.
- Analyze, enrich and validate support contracts with network & customer service commitments (SLA, Fair Usage policy)
- At least 2 years in comparable positions at a telecom or network operator
- Technical diploma in telecoms, networking or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of network/telecoms: TCP/IP, Vlan, Routing, Firewalls, VPN,
- Good knowledge of broadband networks (fixed or satellite-based) : VDSL, FTTH, WIFI, DOCSIS et modems.
- Good knowledge of radio RAN/VSAT
- Big data/statistical analysis a plus
- Adaptable, self-starter, Analytical
- Organised, curious, open, reliable with an attention for details
- Client and result oriented
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we’re currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We’re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
Please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject header. And please pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!