Product Engineer Intern – Product Development & Innovation Team
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using robust technologies and an agile business model.
Founded in 2013 by a core team of senior satellite professionals, Kacific is backed by a group of investors with global telecommunications and infrastructure experience. Our first Ka-band high throughput satellite, Kacific1, launched in 2019 to stream high-speed, low-cost, ultra-reliable broadband to rural and suburban areas of the Pacific and South East Asia.
Kacific is seeking a Product Engineer Intern to join its research and development team – Product Development & Innovation Team, in developing new satellite broadband solutions for emerging markets and innovative sector-based applications in Asia and the Pacific counties. We are looking for a passionate, young, technology-loving, and hands-on intern to join our team.
- Support the design of mechanical parts, electrical components, and integrated circuits using mechanical engineering principles and theories techniques
- Support the design mechanical prototype concepts using 3D-CAD Software
- Help build mechanical/electronic prototypes and conduct experiments to validate product performance
- Help design and perform testing of prototypes.
- Help prepare documentation for intellectual property, operations manuals and technical data sheets
- Work with cross-functional teams, e.g. presales, IT, and operations.
- Coordinate with development team & suppliers/vendors to deliver projects on time
- Support and training for technical knowledge will be given to guide the intern.
- Currently in penultimate year of Undergraduate or higher degree in Software/Computer/Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Have hands on programming capability on either C#, C++, Java and Python
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be a passionate and creative person
- Must be a self-starter with a drive to learn
- Well organized with strong problem-solving skills
Please send us your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject header. And please pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!