Product Engineer Intern – Kacific Lab
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using robust technologies and an agile business model.
Founded in 2013 by a core team of senior satellite professionals, Kacific is backed by investors with global telecommunications and infrastructure experience. Our first Ka-band high throughput satellite, Kacific1, launched in 2019 to stream high-speed, low-cost, ultra-reliable broadband to rural and suburban areas of the Pacific and South East Asia.
Kacific is seeking a Product Engineer Intern to join its research and development team, Kacific Lab (KLab), in developing new satellite broadband solutions for emerging markets and innovative sector-based applications in Asia and the Pacific counties. We are looking for passionate, young, curious, and hands-on interns to join our team.
- Support the design of mechanical parts, electrical components, and integrated circuits using mechanical engineering principles and theories techniques
- Help build mechanical prototypes and conduct experiments to validate product performance
- Help design and perform testing
- Help prepare documentation for intellectual property, operations manuals and technical data sheets
- Work with cross-functional teams, e.g., presales, IT, and operations.
- Currently in related fields such software, mechanical or electronics
- Have hands-on programming capability on C#, C++, Java, Python, Arduino, or other microcontrollers
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be a passionate and creative person
- Well organized with strong problem-solving skills
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we’re currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Singapore due to visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We’re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.