Information Technology Security Engineer
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using robust technologies and an agile business model.
Founded in 2013 by a core team of senior satellite professionals, Kacific is backed by a group of investors with experience in global telecommunications and infrastructure. Our first Ka-band high throughput satellite, Kacific1, launched in 2019 to stream high-speed, low-cost, ultra-reliable broadband to rural and suburban areas of the Pacific and Southeast Asia.
Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Southeast Asia and the Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband accessible from a small, easy-to-install, and affordable antenna. Broadband connectivity enables critical government services to reach the heart of otherwise vulnerable rural communities.
Kacific is committed to using proven space technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote and underserved regions and locations worldwide. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives. Whether in urban, extra-urban, rural, or fringe and remote areas, we help businesses, governments, and communities fully participate in the digital world.
Information Technology Security Engineer
We are looking for a technically capable and dynamic Network Engineer to be part of the Kacific Information technology team. You are responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and managing an organisation’s local and wide area networks to ensure maximum uptime. The role can include designing system configuration, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
The successful candidate should have highly driven, excellent technical skills, proven professional experience, and detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practice processes.
Reporting administratively to the IT Director
The employee expects responsible for several functions associated with IT security – from ensuring the security of software to selecting and/or constructing and deploying broader network security systems.
- Provide leadership in cyber threat and incident management and investigation Oversee daily IT Security operations while actively monitoring emerging threats and security technologies.
- Work with internal stakeholders such as the applications, network, and systems team for investigations.
- Take on the role of Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) member.
- Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions
- identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Threat intelligence
- Analyse and assess vulnerabilities, IOCs, cyber security intelligence, forensics, and open-source information to validate security risk and impact on Kacific and recommend appropriate countermeasures.
- Perform proactive threat analysis from network traffic, user and security logs, and other relevant security data to hunt for potential adversary activity.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging cyber risks, attack vectors etc and assess the impact to Kacific.
- Produce metrics and develop dashboards to identify potential threats, suspicious/ anomalous activity, malware, etc.
- Recommend and implement tools to enhance Kacific detection, response, and recovery functions.
- Conduct cyber incident response and red/blue teaming exercises and drills to ensure response times and procedures are acceptable.
- Develop and maintain cyber incident response and handling playbooks for various threat scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, and at least 3 years of experience in IT security engineering.
- Knowledge of security concepts, principles, and best practices, as well as experience in implementing security controls and technologies.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining security infrastructure, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, antivirus software, and vulnerability scanners.
- Familiarity with security frameworks and standards, such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27001, and GDPR.
- Experience in performing security assessments, risk analyses, and vulnerability assessments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or equivalent.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new and emerging security risks, threats, and technologies, and the ability to implement effective security controls and countermeasures.
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Please send your resume to us with the title of the position in the subject header. And do pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!