Pre-Sales Engineer / Manager
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using robust technologies and an agile business model.
The Senior Pre-Sales Engineer/ Manager complements our sales team by supporting customers with the design of technical solutions to meet their business requirements around the in-country commercialization satellite broadband services based on Kacific high-throughput satellites.
If you hold a BS in Electronics/Telecoms/IT/RF Engineering or related, have at least 8 years of experience in pre-sales in the communications/IT industries, of which 5 years is in satellite communications and fit the below profile, we want to talk to you!
KEY PRE-SALES CORE SKILLS
- Hands-on experience in preparing responses to complex RFI/RFP/RFQ to government and private sector for satellite/IT/Telecoms products, possibly in partnership with third-party integrators
- Direct experience in supporting a sales team with writing technical proposals and presenting to business and technical stakeholders at customers
- Able to design and get implemented POC/trial/demos successfully translating into a customer contract
- Contribute innovatively to new product design and first roll-out, able to gather early adopters’ feedback for the benefit of the product management organization
- Track record on turning satellite bandwidth sales into complex solutions for telcos (mobile, fixed, cable), mobility sector (maritime, airplanes), oil and gas/mining, enterprise networks, consumer broadband is a strong plus
- Familiar with industry verticals such as mobile telecoms (4G/5G), emergency services, digital healthcare, digital education, internet Wi-Fi spots
- Experience in account management of various industry verticals such as Telco, SME, Direct Sales in Asia Pacific region
- Experience in handling High Throughput/Multi-spot beam satellites is an added advantage.
- Prior knowledge and experience in VSAT Hub systems, preferably with Newtec-Dialog system
- Good understanding and hands on experience of satellite link budget design
- Technical knowledge and experience, not limited to IP networking, Mobile backhaul, enterprise networks, ISP setup, WIFI
- Advantage if candidate has also knowledge and experience in software, middleware, API integration, QoS KPIs and experience in VSAT field-installations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in building and leading a team of engineers.
- Able to work independently, project management skill and autonomous/self-starter
- Dynamic, result-oriented, responsible and high standards of professional integrity.
- Willing to travel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good command of English. Proficiency in other Asian languages is a definite advantage.