Service Delivery Project Engineer, Papua New Guinea
Kacific is a next-generation broadband satellite operator. We are committed to providing universal, fast, high-quality broadband access at an affordable cost using robust technologies and an agile business model.
Founded in 2013 by a core team of senior satellite professionals, Kacific is backed by a group of investors with experience in global telecommunications and infrastructure. Our first Ka-band high throughput satellite, Kacific1, launched in 2019 to stream high-speed, low-cost, ultra-reliable broadband to rural and suburban areas of the Pacific and Southeast Asia.
Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Southeast Asia and the Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband accessible from a small, easy-to-install, and affordable antenna. Broadband connectivity enables critical government services to reach the heart of otherwise vulnerable rural communities.
Kacific is committed to using proven space technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote and underserved regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives. Whether in urban, extra-urban, rural, or fringe and remote areas, we help businesses, governments, and communities fully participate in the digital world.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be the technical coordinator for all deployment projects in PNG.
- Have a global and detailed knowledge of the installed networks, the Customers, Partners, End Users
- Provide the first point of contact and ‘ear to listen’ for partner/customer’s technical team regarding tech-related issues
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPI) of the installed networks
- Develop the network of qualified installers in PNG.
- Train and certify installers introduced by Customers and Kacific Authorized Distributors (KAD).
- Coordinate the delivery of equipment between Authorized Distribution Partner (ADP), Customers, and KADs.
- Liaise with Kacific NOC in Singapore for troubleshooting and technical problem solving
- Contact Customers, KADs, and End Users to control the quality of installations and the performance of the service
- Report periodically the KPIs, analyze them and propose corrective action plans
- Participate in site survey and installation on the field
Interfaces and tools
- Work closely with NOC (troubleshooting) and Service Delivery (supply, logistics, provisioning)
- Work with Regional Director for daily schedule, and local decisions
- Use IT tools (terminal database, Grafana, Gigstarter portal) to monitor the terminals and the network
Apply now to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please send your resume to us with the title of the position in the subject header. And do pass along the opportunity if it sounds like a good fit for someone you know!