This is a maternity cover role for 4 to 6 months. (November 2021 to April 2022).
The Accountant based in Singapore and reporting to the Accounting Director will be responsible for the day to day efficient functioning of the accounting and day-to-day bookkeeping
With HQ in Singapore and team members based across APAC Kacific (www.kacific.com) is a leading next-generation wholesale broadband satellite operator that is disrupting its industry and bringing telecommunication services (high speed internet) to countries in the Pacific and South East Asia. With our first satellite launched in 2019 this is an exciting time to join the team at Kacific.
Your role with be critical to the success of Kacific and will cover the following areas:
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles IFRS and provide the necessary support to Accounting Director, Finance Director and CFO
- Perform monthly accounting activities including AR-AP-GL-Billing and consolidation, full cycle bookkeeping, journal entries, reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Monitor the purchase of goods and its allocation between fixed assets and inventory
- Support the Logistics and Operations department by reviewing the inventory and ensuring the accounting of the items in a timely manner
- Perform the monthly intercompany reinvoicing and monitor intercompany loans
- Maintain and balance subsidiaries’ accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Maintain subsidiaries’ full sets of account
- Monitor activity and reconcile GL accounts
- Compute taxes and submit GST/VAT declarations
- Conduct month end closing process
- Analyse financial information and summarize financial status
- Prepare management accounts
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and ensure compliance with IFRS principles such as IFRS16
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process and liaise with the Accounting Director and other members of the management team to improve financial procedures
- Perform the input and handling of financials databases and manual filling systems
- Perform the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
To be successful in this role you will require a demonstrated successful track record in the following area:
- 5+ years’ experience in the day to and efficient running of business accounting function
- 5+ years’ experience in the managing AR & AP
- 5+ years’ experience with GL functions, month end/year end close process & accounts consolidation
- 3+ years’ experience with tax computation and GST/VAT declaration
- Extensive knowledge in IFRS
- Advanced knowledge of major accounting software systems
- Ability to take initiatives, solve problems and make decisions
- Highly organised and demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Highly developed English communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-motivation and drive
- Degree in Accounting – CA or equivalent
If you can demonstrate you have the required experience and skills and are seeking a role that will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and be an important member of a small, focused and friendly team then we would love to talk with you.