Country Manager – Vanuatu & FSM
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows.
We highly favour talented, smart, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About the role:
This is a critical role in our growing and fast-moving organization as Vanuatu & FSM are 2 important markets in Kacific’s strategy.
Reporting to the Deputy COO, with a dotted line to the Marketing Director (both located in Singapore), you are:
A brand ambassador for Kacific in the region:
- Embody Kacific values, ethics, and demeanor,
- Establish our visible and active presence on the ground,
- Create and maintain a bridgehead for Kacific and defend our interests,
- Expand our network locally and manage Kacific’s relationship with the governments’ key agencies, chambers of commerce, industry bodies, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
Preparing our business growth:
- Blend in Kacific organization, understand each department’s remit, and adopt our systems and processes to increase your efficiency.
- Learn our products, solutions, and services (technical, operational, and financial aspects),
- Gather market, operational and regulatory intelligence,
- Advise our Management on topics related to your region,
- Support Kacific management for the local business strategy preparation,
- Obtain the required technical licenses and approvals from the regulators.
Driving our business growth with our Marketing team:
- Increase Kacific brand awareness and local presence through building media & PR relationships,
- Organise, coordinate and/or participate in regional events and conferences,
- Support marketing campaigns implementation on the ground
- Source local vendors for billboards, posters, banners, and event management
- Sourcing and working with local influencers to drive Kacific branding and marketing opportunities
- Gathering on-ground case studies, stories, videos, and pictures
- Inform the team on competitive market information such as pricing, advertising, events, local marketing activities
- Support Marketing on the Community WiFi project as required, including product lifecycle, launch events, partner management
- Support the development of Kacific distribution channel (KADs) to grow Gigstarter subscriber base and resell Community Wi-Fi vouchers in rural areas
- Guide Kacific Sales towards potential opportunities and support the discussions if requested.
The Account Manager for customers in your countries:
- Be Kacific’s customers 1st interface for any strategic, operational, and financial considerations:
- Take new customers over from Sales after contract signature and ensure contracts are followed by both parties (deployment, service activation, cash collection, etc.),
- Ensure customers understand their contracts well,
- Resolve conflicts smoothly and unblock situations,
- Anticipate on future operations and establish the “Equipment forecast” with Delivery,
- Support our customers by delivering technical training and guidance when required,
- Monitor our network trends (activation, churn, etc.) and give recommendations,
- Support Kacific and our customers in case of major outage,
- Lead any “special project” on the ground when required by Kacific Management,
- Be Kacific Crisis Management Team “armed arm” in the region for local or regional incidents and crises. Implement Kacific processes and resolution plans and follow management instructions. Ensure communication and smooth relationships with all crisis stakeholders.
- Doer, self-starter, willing to achieve (sense of ownership),
- Curious, willing to learn, open to change,
- Organized, disciplined, process-driven and detail oriented,
- Team player, able to work autonomously under remote guidance for long periods of time,
- Able to deliver under high pressure and or crisis conditions.
- Business oriented,
- Articulate, presentable, and diplomatic,
- Willing to travel to remote regions and to work in difficult conditions from time to time,
- Working remotely from head office,
- Team & project management,
- Experience in the satellite communication industry would be preferred,
- Experience in the military, Oil & Gas, NGOs, etc. (as an Officer, senior NCO, field engineer, field representative, etc.) would be positively considered (while not required).
- Analytical mind,
- Capable to write reports,
- General understanding of telecom systems operations,
- Able to be trained on the functioning of advanced technical systems,
- Familiar with crisis management processes,
- Demonstrated negotiations skills.