Country Manager (Papua New Guinea)
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows. We highly favour talented, smart, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About the Role:
This is a critical role in our growing and fast-moving organization as PNG is an important market in Kacific’s strategy.
Reporting to the Deputy COO (himself located in Singapore), you are:
A brand ambassador for Kacific in the region:
- Embody Kacific values, ethics, and demeanour,
- Establish our visible and active presence on the ground,
- Create and maintain a bridgehead for Kacific and defend our interests,
- Expand our network locally and manage Kacific’s relationship with the governments’ key agencies, chambers of commerce, industry bodies, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
Preparing our business growth:
- Gather market, operational and regulatory intelligence,
- Advise our Management on topics related to your region,
- Support Kacific management for the local business strategy preparation,
- Plan and develop the company representation in the Regions,
- Manage a local office and facilities,
- Support the recruitment then manage/coordinate a small local team, as required by Management, within our matrix organization,
- Obtain and maintain the required technical licenses and approvals from the regulators.
Driving our business growth:
- Blend in Kacific organization, understand each department’s remit, and adopt our systems and processes to increase your efficiency,
- Learn our products, solutions, and services (technical, operational, and financial aspects)
- Organise, coordinate and/or participate in regional events and conferences,
- Support our marketing campaigns elaboration and implementation on the ground,
- Guide Kacific Sales towards potential opportunities and support the discussions if requested.
- Be Kacific’s customers 1st interface for any strategic, operational, and financial considerations:
- Take new customers over from Sales after contract signature and ensure contracts are followed by both parties (deployment, service activation, cash collection, etc.),
- Ensure customers understand their contracts well,
- Resolve conflicts smoothly and unblock situations,
- Anticipate on future operations and establish the “Equipment forecast” with Delivery,
- Support our customers by delivering technical training and guidance when required,
- Monitor our network trends (activation, churn, etc.) and give recommendations,
- Support Kacific and our customers in case of a major outage,
- Lead any “special project” on the ground when required by Kacific Management,
- Be Kacific Crisis Management Team “armed arm” in the region for local or regional incidents and crises. Implement Kacific processes and resolution plans and follow management instructions. Ensure communication and smooth relationships with all crisis stakeholders.
- Doer, self-starter, willing to achieve (sense of ownership),
- Curious, willing to learn, open to change, – Organized, disciplined, process-driven and detail-oriented,
- Team player, able to work autonomously under remote guidance for long periods of time,
- Able to deliver under high pressure and or crisis conditions.
- Articulate, presentable, and diplomatic,
- Willing to travel to remote regions and to work in difficult conditions from time to time. Experience
- Working remotely from head office,
- Team & project management,
- Experience in the satellite communication industry would be preferred,
- Experience in the military, Oil & Gas, NGOs, etc. (as an Officer, senior NCO, field engineer, field representative, etc.) would be positively considered (while not required)
- Analytical mind,
- Capable to write reports,
- General understanding of telecom systems operations,
- Able to be trained on the functioning of advanced technical systems,
- Familiar with crisis management processes,
- Demonstrated negotiations skills.