Sales Manager (Papua New Guinea)
Kacific is a fast-growing and evolving broadband satellite group headquartered in Singapore with offices in Vanuatu and the Asia Pacific. Kacific’s purpose is to make a rapid and lasting difference to the people of Asia Pacific by providing high-quality, low-cost satellite broadband connectivity that will enable critical healthcare, education, and government services to reach unserved and underserved rural communities.
We are committed to using proven satellite technologies to solve the endemic lack of affordable broadband internet in remote regions and locations of the world. Satellite connectivity drives economic growth, provides infrastructure freedom to communities, and improves people’s lives.
We offer a diverse but inclusive, flexible, and family-oriented workplace with a results-based culture and opportunities to travel within the 25 markets we serve. We view our employees as integral to our business and invest in retention strategies to ensure that they grow as our business grows.
We highly favour talented, smart, hungry, and fearless talents who like to work in teams.
About the Role:
This is a critical role in our growing and fast-moving organization in Papua New Guinea as one of the important markets in Kacific’s strategy.
Reporting to the Country Representative in Papua New Guinea, you are:
A brand ambassador for Kacific in the region:
- Embody Kacific values, ethics, and demeanour,
- Establish our visible and active presence on the ground,
- Create and maintain a bridgehead for Kacific and defend our interests,
- Expand our network locally and manage Kacific’s relationship with the governments’ key agencies, chambers of commerce, industry bodies, NGOs, Kacific customers and partners, and other stakeholders.
Preparing our business growth:
- Own and manage the development and execution of end-to-end sales process including sales pipeline and forecasting for Papua New Guinea
- Develop and implement sales strategies to target wholesale customers including Telecoms, ISP’s, Government and other agencies, bodies, or organisation
- Seek sales opportunities within existing customers to grow or upsell new products or services
- Understand key cultural, political, and regional issues that can impact the sales process
- Maintain contact and relationships with existing customers regularly
- Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships with prospective customers
- Develop market plans to focus on the important customer by segment
The successful applicant
Therefore, the applicants need to meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Extensive full cycle sales experience (minimum of 3+ years) selling to Telecoms, ISP’s, Government and other agencies, bodies or organisations including leading and managing the complex tender process or proposal in Papua New Guinea
- Knowledge of the Satellite, Telecommunications, Broadband industry is advantageous
- Comprehensive understanding, expertise and solid track record developing and closing large sales (in excess of USD200k to USD1M)
- Willingness and ability to commit to significant travel within Papua New Guinea
- Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills are desirable
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to create new relationships and opportunities with potential clients
- Degree qualified preferably in Business or Engineering discipline