Further recognition for trailblazing Kacific CEO: Christian Patouraux
Christian Patouraux’s driven and purposeful leadership has once again been recognised, with his recent win of the Best Satellite Executive Award 2022 from Business Tabloid.
This accolade is one of a long string in recent times, as Kacific continues to grow and serve more communities and enterprises in South-East Asia and the Pacific.
The satellite industry is historically known for its high barriers to entry. These include the astronomical up-front capital investment,the niche technological expertise, and the requirement of a deep understanding of both international and country-specific regulations and markets. These barriers make it near impossible to get new businesses up and running.
When Christian Patouraux founded Kacific in 2013, it became the first satellite operator to start from ground up with neither a parent company nor a license to operate. He did it with no assets, no customers, no contracts and with just liquid capital of US$10,000.
However, the challenges did not stop there. Christian has been driven by a strong purpose to make a rapid and lasting difference to communities through satellite broadband. His belief is that “there is only one internet” and that the access to and quality of connectivity services should be universal.
His tenacity and the years that he has spent building relationships within the APAC telecommunications industry, key governments and non-profit organisations is paying off. Today, Kacific is a thriving, sustainable business that is a force for good in the Asia-Pacific region. It became EBITDA positive in April 2021, proving the existence of market demand and the success of his business model – which has been flexible and adapted throughout the rocky years of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Christian’s successful company and visionary leadership has been recognised increasingly outside of the satellite industry with multiple awards, ongoing media interest and invitations to speak at events and conferences.
List of Awards for Kacific and Christian Patouraux 2022
- Most Innovative Tech Start Up of the Year: Gold Award – Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards
- Most Valuable Technical Innovation: Gold Award – Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards
- Innovative Achievement in Sales or Revenue Generation: Silver Award – Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards
- Cooperation of the Year Award – SIG Awards
- Outstanding Satellite Operator of the Year – PTC Awards
- Outstanding Support for PTC’s Vision & Mission – PTC Awards
- CEO of the Year at the – Asian Telecom Awards
- Outstanding Leadership Award – Health 2.0 Conference
- Most Accessible and Affordable Broadband Services Provider Singapore – World Business Outlook
- Best Broadband Satellite Operator Singapore – World Business Outlook
- Satellite Project of the Year – Global Carrier Awards
- Business as a Force for Good Award – INSEAD Alumni Association
- CEO of the Year for Wholesale & Capacity (Operator) 2021 – Telecom Review
- Newcomer Satcom Operator Award – Euroconsult
- Satellite Executive of the Year: Christian Patouraux – Asia-Pacific Satellite
- Communications Council (APSCC)
- Best Digital Inclusion – Pacific ICT Awards
- Better Satellite World Award – Space & Satellite Professionals International (SSPI)