Applicable to EU Data Subjects only.
Last Update: 20 March 2018
Kacific Broadband Satellites Ltd., along with our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Kacific”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal data and your privacy.
For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) and other applicable data protection laws, Kacific is a data controller with regard to the personal data it collects and processes herein.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We will obtain certain personal data when you choose to provide it:
- through our website at kacific.com (the “Website”);
- by sending us any inquiries for services;
- by completing our order forms;
- through your general dealings with us; and
- through third party platforms, including but not limited to:
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/kacific-broadband-satellites);
- Twitter: (https://twitter.com/kacific);
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Kacific); and
- Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3od3cgQ05cZBMdVTk6gGlw).
The types of information we may collect from you include your:
- Name and contact information;
- Personal identification numbers / passport numbers; and
- Job title and company name.
In addition to personal information that you choose to provide, our web servers collect the domain names of all visitors.
How We Use Personal Data
Your personal data is processed by Kacific to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including but not limited to the following:
- responding to your inquiries or processing any request for services;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions; and
- to protect against fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities.
We may also use your personal data in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use third party web analytics services on our sites, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use a site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Our sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
Where warranted by an offering or transaction, we will disclose your personal data as appropriate to enable your participation in the offering or transaction. We will also share your personal data with service providers who perform services on our behalf in connection with such offerings or transactions e.g. our lawyers, consultants, financial advisors, etc. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
In addition to the above, there are circumstances where we may be required to disclose personal data such as:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We may transfer or share your personal data to our affiliates in other countries. In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal data may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of such Transaction.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Because submissions of data over the Internet are never entirely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you submit via the Internet and such submissions are made at your own risk.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- the right to access the personal data we collect and process about you and obtain a copy of that information;
- the right to update or correct inaccuracies of your personal data;
- the right to object to our use of your personal data;
- the right to block/limit the extent to which we may use your personal data, or delete your personal information from our system; and
- the right to request that we move or transfer your personal data.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Information Storage and International Transfers
Kacific’s holding company is based in Singapore and the Website is hosted on servers in Singapore. It is not intended that we will be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of Singapore. However, your personal data may be transferred and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers necessary to fulfil the obligations of our commercial transaction with you, and by using our services you consent to the transfer of personal data to countries outside of Singapore, such as Australia and Vanuatu (where we also operate), which may be subject to different data protection rules. We have established safeguards to protect Personal Information that is transferred to other countries, including appropriate contractual protections.
Links to Other Websites
Content in our Website may include links to third party websites. Kacific is not responsible for the content on such linked third party websites and users should observe the separate privacy policies applicable to the respective third party’s website.
Changes and Contact