Applicable to non-EU Data Subjects only.
Last Update: 10 May 2022
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We will obtain certain personal data when you choose to provide it, consent to its collection or where permitted under applicable law:
- through our website at www.kacific.com (the “Website”);
- through our app
- by sending us any inquiries for services;
- by completing our order forms;
- through your general dealings with us; and
- through third party platforms, including but not limited to:
- LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/kacific-broadband-satellites);
- Twitter: (https://twitter.com/kacific);
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Kacific); and
- Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3od3cgQ05cZBMdVTk6gGlw).
The types of information we may collect from you include your:
- Name and contact information;
- Birth date;
- Personal identification numbers / passport numbers; and
- Job title and company name
How We Use Personal Data
Your personal data is processed by Kacific to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including but not limited to the following:
- responding to your inquiries or processing any request for services;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business;
- performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions (including to track your use of data for such functions);
- to protect against fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- to allow parts of the app to function, for example to access your location for the purposes of identifying site for troubleshooting purposes and showing you nearby Kacific Authorised Internet Service Providers and Distributors and provide you with marketing and promotional details where you have requested this.
We may also use your personal data in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or where permitted by applicable law.
Our sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
Where warranted by an offering or transaction, we will disclose your personal data as appropriate to enable your participation in the offering or transaction. We will also share your personal data with service providers who perform services on our behalf in connection with such offerings or transactions e.g. our lawyers, consultants, financial advisors, etc. We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose the personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
In addition to the above, we may be required to disclose personal data to relevant third parties in circumstances such as:
- a) if we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- b) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials; or
- c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal data may, if necessary to facilitate the Transaction, be disclosed or transferred to a third party (which may be located outside of Singapore or your home jurisdiction). You acknowledge that the third party may be subject to different data protection rules and may not be required to protect your personal data in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under Singapore law or the law of your home jurisdiction. By using our services you consent to and authorise the transfer of personal data to those third parties located outside of Singapore or your home jurisdiction.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Because submissions of data over the Internet are never entirely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you submit via the Internet and such submissions are made at your own risk.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to make an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data; or a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
Withdrawing Your Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Accuracy of Personal Data
Kacific relies on the personal data you provide. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
Information Storage and International Transfers
Kacific’s holding company is based in Singapore and our servers are based in Singapore. You authorise us to transfer your personal data to our servers in Singapore. In addition, your personal data may be transferred to or processed in any country where our affiliates are based, where we have facilities or where we engage service providers necessary to fulfil the obligations of our commercial transaction with you. These entities outside of Singapore or your home jurisdiction may be subject to different data protection rules and may not be required to protect your personal data in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those under Singapore law or the law of your home jurisdiction. By using our services you consent to and authorise the transfer of personal data to those entities located outside of Singapore or your home jurisdiction. To protect your privacy, we have established safeguards with entities outside of Singapore or your home jurisdiction to whom we transfer the data, including appropriate contractual requirements to protect your data.
Links to Other Websites
Content in our Website may include links to third party websites. Kacific is not responsible for the content on such linked third party websites and users should observe the separate privacy policies applicable to the respective third party’s website.
If you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com